Thursday 31 August 2017

Silk Queen: Book Two by G.J. Walker-Smith

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 



Silk Queen: Book TwoSilk Queen: Book Two by G.J. Walker-Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've been highly anticipating the second part to Jean-Luc and Fiona's story because these two have a very real place in my heart. My feelings for this couple started with hate and ended with love through the first five wishes books. Now to get their meeting and journey in the 80's first hand has turned out to be fantastic reading with perfect humour and some serious swoon.

Jean-Luc has really opened up in my imagination in this instalment of SILK QUEEN as I found him to lack self-confidence and belief. The younger Jean-Luc is somewhat different to his later self and I'm beginning to really see now how much Fi had to do with that. Fiona herself flourished in book two, with her confidence finding root and advocating for what she wanted in life. I found myself mentally cheering her baby and bigger steps.

There is some amazing dialogue in this book with more than a few laugh out loud moments. I cannot begin to do justice to Melinda Lazar, Thierry Decarie and others. What really made me stop was the resonance between Fiona's interactions with Thierry and how similar they were to Charli's early interactions with Jean-Luc through SECOND HEARTS and STORM SHELLS. It felt like a full circle and I loved that. GJ Walker-Smith writes these characters in a way that the reader is completly transported into the story.

SILK QUEEN has fulfilled a spot in my love for this family that I didn't know I needed but now can't do without. SILK QUEEN 1&2 are not heavy books and I value having books that I don't have to labour through the angst to get to the other side. I know GJ can write like that but this walk on the light, humerous side was a delight.

Reviewed for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...