Monday 21 August 2017

So Good by Nicola Rendell

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 



So Good (Alpha Dogs, #1)So Good by Nicola Rendell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5 - 3 stars

I'm sorry to say that's despite enjoying other books by Nicola Rendell, I just didn't gel with this one as much. It was a read that I liked, heavy on the fun. It's a quick, light-hearted read and if you're a dog lover, this is going to tick some cuteness boxes for you.

SO GOOD is a friends to lovers book that makes that transition rather quickly, a little too quickly for me to feel on board with their decision, albeit a drunken decision for Rosie. I struggled to connect with either of the characters and some of the dialogue. However, the chemistry steamed and I did believe every minute of their sexual connection; it was well written. There were funny moments in this book and some of Rosie's early dating had me laughing. Now to the back and forth, there has to be some in this kind of book but because of the early connection, back and forth was the name of the game.

This is a quick, light read where you want a book to be read in a day and not feel to heavy. I don't think I'd pursue this series further but I know I gel with other books by this author so I will continue to be on the look out for her work.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...