Monday 21 August 2017

The Forbidden by Jodi Ellen Malpas

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 



The ForbiddenThe Forbidden by Jodi Ellen Malpas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5-3 'read though my fingers but couldn't look away'stars

I must admit to being frustrated throughout this read. This was car crash after car crash in a read that deals with forbidden love. This brand of forbidden love is not something I'm adverse to reading about but it has to be well written. On the whole, I found the storyline interesting but weak in places with significant predictability, however, I read this in a day and found myself glued to the pages.

Both Annie and Jack were characters I couldn't wholly invest in, not because of their forbidden behaviour but because of their weak-assedness regarding all the issues. The dialogue and back and forth was annoying after some time and at other times repetitive, which is probably true of these kinds of relationships but was fatiguing to read. 'Stay---->Go---->Stay---->Go---->Stay' you get my gist.

I have to give kudos to being drawn in and addicted to the read despite my dislike of the story direction. I wanted less predictability and story direction that showed strength of character for Annie; I didn't get that. It was like being caught in the spider's web on the cover but boy, did I want to escape at 85%. I think this was a case of not really for me and I'm sad about that as I love a good forbidden love.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.


View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...