Saturday 19 August 2017

Wild Card by Karina Halle

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


Wild Card (North Ridge, #1)Wild Card by Karina Halle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

This first in a new series by Karina Halle hits some good buttons for me, second chances and cowboy. In this case, I'm not talking cheesy cowboy, I'm talking hard-grafting effortlessly sexy cowboy. Shane is a gent and I'm pleased to say he was not overly alpha so I really did like him. Rachel was a damaged heroine and she took some getting used to, although she did grow on me as the book progressed. Rachel and Shane had chemistry in buckets. I really enjoyed their early chemistry as much as the present. I truly believed the depth of their sentiments.

There's a lot of back story to these two in their teenage years and some of the past I had difficulty connecting with. I think that Rachel's back story felt a little too familiar. I also struggled immensely with Vernalee, not only with her actions in the past but also the resolution which was almost too easy.

I overall enjoyed this read even with its few sticking points. I'm especially interested in the books to come. Especially Fox and Del, these two have really caught my attention and I'm definitely continuing with the series.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...