Tuesday 12 September 2017

Arm Candy by Jessica Lemmon

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 



Arm Candy (Real Love, #2)Arm Candy by Jessica Lemmon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Arm Candy by Jessica Lemmon

Arm Candy is book two in Lemmon's Real Love series and while it's certainly a standalone within the series, I'd strongly suggest reading book one if you want to fully appreciate the relationship (or lack thereof) between Davis and Grace.

Grace is the red-headed bartender -though she prefers to be called a beer mistress- at McGreevy's pub where the delectable Davis likes to frequent rather ahh frequently. Davis is the suit and tie guy who works from home and likes routine, from his breakfast to his seat in the bar. There's clearly a simmering attraction between these two and neither will act on it for pretty much the same reason: Davis seems to be intent on bedding every blonde at the bar. Never a brunette, definitely never a redhead, always the blondes which obviously rules Grace out. This stands firm until the night Grace issues a challenge in the form of a dare that Davis just can't back down from and that's when the fun and sexy times begin.

I really wanted this book having met Davis previously. I knew there'd be a reason for his attitude and I was determined to get to the bottom of it. I adored him. He's the kind of guy who when he finally gets his head around it, wants the perfect partner, the marriage, kids, the whole nine yards. He was really sweet and patient with Grace although I was inclined to give him a kick in the bum a time or two. Grace, on the other hand, has not had the best examples for a happy marriage and shies away from anything remotely resembling commitment. She's happy being free and doing what makes her happy. I think these two were the ideal complement to each other.

While this isn't my favorite of the two books in the series, it's still a highly enjoyable one. The characters both had problems and issues that they needed to work through and it was great to be a part of that journey. I'm looking forward to book three now but can't believe I have to wait till next year!

*arc received from NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R24C5RVFH79F3G/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...