Friday 15 September 2017

AudioBook Review of Most Valuable Playboy by Lauren Blakely Narrated by Zachary Webber


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 




Most Valuable PlayboyMost Valuable Playboy by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

MOST VALUABLE PLAYBOY was fun from beginning to end. A slower burn heat was the theme in this sports-orientated friends to lovers story. What started as a pretend girlfriend situation developed into the sweetest journey to something deeper. Of course, this is not a new trope, it's something I've read similar types of books before, but I can honestly say I was thrilled as the hours ticked by on this audio.

The title made me think I'd be encountering a jerk, but Cooper was far from this. He was a guy who was focused on becoming an indispensable quarterback to his team. Cooper turned to Violet to get out of a tight corner but their close quarters revealed Vi in a new light. The chemistry builds more gradually than some of Lauren Blakely's quick, hot reads and I loved that aspect of bubbling feelings and gradual touches. The friendship between these two shone beautifully and Violet was very likeable.

The narration, single male POV, hit every button for me. Zachery Webber did a fantastic job on bringing Cooper and the story to life. Although it was single POV, he naturally worked the dialogue and Vi's dialogue into the story seamlessly. Highly recommended for a quick, hot read with nice depth.

A copy of this audiobook was provided by the author in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...