Monday 18 September 2017

Dear Bridget, I Want You by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere 


Dear Bridget, I Want YouDear Bridget, I Want You by Penelope Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love a good rom-com and I always enjoy it when these two authors work together. Dear Bridget, I Want You is now one of my favourites from them. It had all the elements you need for a good read - plenty of humor, a little angst and some passion.

Right from the start I was captured and was giggling along with the good doctor's antics. Simon and his British accent had me at "So,....". Love a man with an accent. He was witty as well as smart, hello he's a doctor with a great bedside manner and loads of compassion. And he wears a uniform, scrubs are like a uniform, right? Well, close enough. He had me wanting more and with his dirty mouth..... good lawdy! Bridget didn't know where to look when she first met Dr S. Hogue, didn't help with the predicament she was in either, she was hooked! She was an awesome character and I admired her tenacity and spunk with all that she had been through. She was an amazing mother and a fun all round girl.

I felt this book was strong at the beginning but lost its fun factor along the way. I was enjoying the banter between Simon and Bridget immensely. I also loved the involvement of Brendan. The slight twist with some angst was also apt and befitting but then it just seemed to change direction. Don't get me wrong, it was still a great book, but I wanted more of the banter and laughs compared to the sweet contemporary romance it ended with. Some might say there needed to be more coupling between Simon and Bridget, but I felt it was just perfect.


*I received a copy for a honest review.
** Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...