Sunday 17 September 2017

Fraternize by Rachel Van Dyken

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Fraternize (Players Game, #1)Fraternize by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Fraternize by Rachel Van Dyken

I have such mixed feelings right now. I am so freaken confused so I'm just going to babble my thoughts and hope that some sense can be made.

Emerson and Miller were best friends from childhood: they grew up together, had a deep friendship and a strong love for each other. Due to circumstance, Miller has to move away with his father and the friendship, love, connection is severed rather cruelly if you ask me. When he returns a few years later, it's to realize his childhood dream of playing for the Bucks and it's also where he sees Emerson again realizing her own dream of being a cheerleader. Only problem is that within moments of laying eyes on her, Millers teammate, Grant Sanchez has already laid claim to her.

This is where my feelings of confusion come in and it's difficult to pinpoint because I love Van Dyken's writing, her stories, her characters. Fraternize is really no exception to that: the writing is spot on as always, the characters were well-developed, fun and flirty but..... And it's the but that confuses me: I didn't really feel a connection between Em and Sanchez whereas I wholly believed it of Em and Miller. That might be because they'd been friends for so many years and nothing could take that away. I don't know. I really don't. So overall, I really enjoyed it. I can't say I loved it and therefore I can't give it 5 stars. It was a great book and I'm hoping there'll be more than one more story to follow in this series.

*arc received from Netgalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R5J3QB3NCCQAE/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1RMNH7V4SAAXA/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...