Friday 29 September 2017

HOT STUFF by Kim Karr

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere


Hot StuffHot Stuff by Kim Karr
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5🌟's

I love a sports romance, I'm not sure what the dynamics are, but I'm quick to pick one up. It could be the fit bodies, or the dedication to their craft that keeps me hooked. One of the things that appealed to me about this novel was the in depth background on the NFL. I felt that made it more authentic and that I was a part of the team.

This is told in dual POV and there isn't much in the way of secondary characters, what there is, I liked. This meant the main characters had the bulk to carry and at times I was bored. I got that the relationship was taboo, off limits, unauthorized, forbidden, disallowed, not approved - it got tiresome to keep being reminded and it just bogged down the tale by being repetitive. That being said, I did enjoy the overall story. I thought Lucas Carrington was a very lovable character and grew up fast once he was in camp. Football might have been his out from a bad childhood, but it was also his love and life. Until he meets Gillian Whitney, the intern and the coaches daughter. She lives and breathes football as well, has grown up following her dad around. What starts out as infatuation, quickly turns into something precious and it will take some understanding and forgiveness to get to their HEA.


*I received a copy for an honest review.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews





No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...