Friday 29 September 2017

RACER by Katy Evans

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 



Racer (Real, #7)Racer by Katy Evans
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

To say I have been desperate to read more from the Tate family was an understatement and in that, RACER delivers on all things Tate. Racer is such a chip off the old block, the similarities were both wonderful and predictable.

"Patience, I hear my father say. Rome wasn't built in a day....and nobody said it was easy to fall in love with a Tate."

Racer is a strong alpha with alpha dialogue that both made me laugh, made me love him and occasionally made me cringe. I easily succumbed to liking Racer with his fire, pace, commitment and motivation. Lana wasn't the most appealing of heroines, she was a slow-growing admiration for me. I found her strong initially in her professional pursuit of Racer but then mousy, weak with only occasional strength. I think she was in awe of Racer and pulled along in the wake of everything that he was.

"I'm only human and nobody wants to see the fire and fly straight in except the moths who don't know better."

I was glad she was wary, she needed to be. The story was engaging and I liked the downs, rather than the ups in this storyline. When things weren't going well, I felt more depth to the characters.

The highlight of this book was Racer's relationship with Remy. Remy has more than a walk-on part in this book and their connection thrilled me. There was one moment where Remy and what he said made me cry, with joy, pride and all the feels. The storyline of Lana's family was also strong and I loved her father.

This is a fast-paced read with fast developing emotions, on the whole I was okay with that. I enjoyed the emotional connection and dialogue more than the physical chemistry. RACER is a book for the fans and those fans will be happy to have spent more time with the Tate family.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2O4MWMVT4FJBH/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...