Tuesday 12 September 2017

The Break by Marian Keyes

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


The BreakThe Break by Marian Keyes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

THE BREAK was a strangely refreshing read considering that it was, at times, difficult to read in terms of storyline. What Marian Keyes managed to accomplish was narrating the heartbreak of a seemingly solid marriage breaking up, with wit alongside real, tough emotional pain.

There are a number of key characters in this book, but Hugh and Amy are at the fore, it's their marriage on a break after all. I went through many changes in how I felt about both these characters. There were times I could not stand Hugh but also moments where he had my compassion. Amy was frustrating in the main but I could see myself being equally stupid in the decision making line, if I was in the same situation. As with all Marian Keyes books, families are prominent in the story and I loved the teenage girls in this book and their narrative.

THE BREAK made me emote hugely. There was barely a time where I wasn't feeling some strong emotion as I read; the writing was that powerful.

This isn't the most comfortable of reads but I love being put into a real situation even if it does discomfort me. I thoroughly enjoyed returning to Marian Keyes and I've remembered what I love so much about her books.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley, in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3HL6YDIZQI7RB/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...