Monday 18 September 2017

The Outskirts by T.M. Frazier


REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere 


The Outskirts (The Outskirts Duet, #1)The Outskirts by T.M. Frazier
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoy T.M. Frazier's novels. This first book in the Outskirts duet lived up to my expectations. It ends on a cliffhanger that I felt might have happened, but I am still trying to work out how. Of course I am now hanging out for book two, so I get these answers. I also want to know the outcome when the circus comes to town!

I love characters that have a troubled past, or are dealing with anguish. Both Sawyer and Finn are battling with demons from their past but it's the strength within that makes me connect with them. Even in this first part, their self growth was attractive and endearing. They had to conquer their bad experiences individually but when they are together they form a tight bond. I can only imagine it will help them crusade in book two.

As much as I enjoyed this book, some of it left me a little flat. At times I felt an immature quality, I'm not sure if this was just the vibe of Sawyer or not. I also wanted more from Josh and Miller, their story was an enigmatic one that also had me loving their banter. This is definitely one to pick up and bury yourself into and be ready for the next installment.


* I received a copy for an honest review.
** Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...