Saturday 21 October 2017

Born For You by J.T. Geissinger

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 



Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)Burn for You by J.T. Geissinger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

I’ve heard of JT Geissenger in my book feeds but now I realise what I’ve been missing out by not reading her work. BURN FOR YOU delighted my literary senses from start to finish. The two main characters were both hugely likeable in their reality, completely lacking perfection, both stubborn and fun to observe clashing. This book is a piece of wonderful hate to love with great story substance.

Jackson is like a grisly bear, a pathetic communicator, preferring to shout or grunt. He met his match in Bianca because he didn’t intimidate her. Bianca was a newly successful chef-owner of her restaurant in New Orleans.

”The man gave the term resting bitch face a whole new meaning.”

The context of restaurateur with food and bourbon gave depth and something I could enjoy identifying with. These two characters clash with anger and chemistry, the burn was slow but steady, building to the most delicious heat.

When this book comes to love, there were so many lines that had me highlighting the text. I thought the way JT Geissinger wrote the connections of the heart was refreshing and made me pause, there were no cliches, only tangible feeling. I have a book buddy that has read an advanced copy too so I highlighted and screenshotted through the last 40%.

“I always thought love was a pair of shackles, but I was wrong. Love was the opened door of a cage.”

I am a new and enthusiastic fan of this author, I’m grateful to my buddy for the recommendation and I hope I can, in turn, lead a few friends in this direction. I’m excited at the back catalogue I have to peruse for Geissinger and I’m placing this particular book on my favourites shelf. Slainte!

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley, in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...