Thursday 26 October 2017

Cuffed by K. Bromberg


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Cuffed (Everyday Heroes, #1)Cuffed by K. Bromberg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cuffed by K. Bromberg

Cuffed is the first book in Bromberg's Everyday Heroes series which will eventually give us the stories of three brothers... and what an amazing family they are!

This is the story of Officer Grant Malone -who definitely has a hero complex- and his childhood best friend, Emerson who he hasn't seen since they were eight years old and he betrayed her trust. Many years later, Grant hasn't forgotten his Emmy and when they bump into each by chance, he wants to rekindle the friendship while she wants less than nothing to do with him and even less to do with the past. Naturally, the chemistry between them can't be denied so they agree to a fling with firm rules in place. But when does that ever work out the way it should?!

I loved this book! I loved Grant, loved his family and their dynamics, loved his need to be the hero at whatever cost to himself. I think he was a beautiful person inside and out and I certainly wouldn't complain if I was cuffed to him! Now Emerson. She frustrated me so goddamn much throughout this book. I wanted to shake some sense into her, make her see what was right in front of her. And yet. Because she was such a strong woman, it was easy for me to forget what she'd been through and the huge impact it had on her life and relationships. And when I reminded myself of the facts, I loved her because of her sheer strength.

This book was definitely not what I'd normally choose to read. It was definitely more of an emotional read rather than my preferred RomComs however, I loved every single bit of it. I laughed, I cried (a LOT), I howled at the injustices and cruelties. I devoured every word of this book at times with a heavy heart but nonetheless with hope. Cuffed did take me longer than I would have liked to finish and in the interested of full disclosure, it's likely because I kept flicking back to perv on the cover. Isn't he gorgeous??

I think this is my favorite Bromberg book to-date and it's one I wholeheartedly recommend. I'm looking forward to more Malone books in the future.

Head up. Wings out.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.




View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/B076NSBLNQ/R2YRZ95BM4NVBZ?ref_=glimp_1rv_cl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...