Thursday 5 October 2017

The Choices I've Made by J.L. Berg

REVIEWED BY Tina Shobe



The Choices I've MadeThe Choices I've Made by J.L. Berg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jake Jameson is doing very well as a surgeon in the city. He's going home, Ocracoke Island, for his father's funeral and to deal with his father's medical practice. He has not been back since he left 12 years earlier. He also left behind Molly McIntyre, which devastated her.

She's gone on with her life. She now runs her family inn that she has taken over from her parents. Which has the feel of a bed and breakfast. She's very independent and has a bit of a hard headed streak when it comes to asking for help. She's wants and thinks she has to do everything on her own.

This book had my emotions all over the place. I felt the utter devastation with the explosions on the ferry. I could visualize the injured people and people panicking facing the reality that there was no escape. I could feel Jake's torment with faced with his memories. I could also feel Molly's struggle with opening herself back up to Jake with the possibility of him leaving her again.

It doesn't take long for them to realize that the time is just not right for them. They go their separate ways to grown on their own. I wasn't very happy with that part but it turned out they were better because of it.

I was very happy to read about the possibility of a happy ending for Dean in the future.

This the second chance, third chance at love book I have read.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...