Monday 2 October 2017

The Love Experiment by Ainslie Paton


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


The Love ExperimentThe Love Experiment by Ainslie Paton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This book lived up to my hopes of an office love-hate and more. After reading the blurb, I knew this had potential and what I found was a funny, chemistry-laden office scenario, with characters who were superb. The story of THE LOVE EXPERIMENT built through the pages into what eventually became an intense love story.

Derelie (pronounced like merrily) was what seemed to be a mousy reporter doing lifestyle pieces. She slipped under the radar in meetings and in the office. She was commissioned to write a piece on a love experiment that was actually a robust piece of research including questions that promote connection. Derelie was forced to partner with the famous investigative reporter Jack and he was pretty disrespectful to Derelie and her work.

”Oh s***. He was a big city reporting god with his own dinkus and she was a small town mouse clickbait rookie.”

Over a few weeks though, a reluctant respect ensued and the chemistry started to simmer, then bubble and I was completely hooked on the ride.

”He needed to touch her like he needed the cigarettes he was addicted to. ‘I’m already on my knees, Derelie Honeywell.’”

The storyline in this book was strong and the characters were well developed. I wasn’t left needing anything more. I don’t want to say too much but this book fulfilled on chemistry and emotional connection and I loved where it culminated.

I’ve never read this author’s work before but I know I want to again. I cannot help but compare this book in context to The Hating Game and would recommend it to those of my friends looking for something similar.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley, in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...