Thursday 16 November 2017

The Silent Duke by Jess Michaels


REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard


The Silent Duke (The 1797 Club, #4)The Silent Duke by Jess Michaels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

I enjoyed THE SILENT DUKE cover to cover. It’s been a while since I’ve read a Jess Michaels historical romance and now I’m remembering how good they are. After reading the blurb and seeing it centred around a Duke with a disability, I was hooked in and I was not disappointed.

This is a beautiful friends to lovers story that is as much full of emotion as it is heat. Jess Michaels knows how to write HR heat without losing story cohesion. This was a full story, with family and past that was full of depth. Ewan was very likeable but incredibly self-deprecating with regards to his disability. This was frustrating occasionally to me and frequently to the heroine, Charlotte. Charlotte was his childhood friend and she was a brave woman, widowed and with steely determination. Her character was full of loyalty, courage and passion. This was just an excellent coupling and an engaging story.

THE SILENT DUKE is book four of a series I haven’t read up until now. This book stands alone nicely but I'm sure there are side characters I would have recognised had I read the others. I can’t find it in myself to regret where I’ve started considering my enjoyment of Ewan and Charlotte.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...