Sunday 10 December 2017

Behind the Bars by Brittainy C. Cherry

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere



Behind the BarsBehind the Bars by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There is something about a Brittainy C. Cherry book that just draws you in. I’m sure it is due to the richness of her characters and the powerful storylines. This novel is full of that. The journey that you will be lead on is full of angst and heartache. It is a touching tale of friendships, family bonds, passion and sorrow.

It is told in dual POV by Elliott and Jasmine. Their story starts in high school where they form an unlikely alliance with a promise of more. Circumstances change the course of direction for them, and it is six years before they connect again. They have both changed, and maybe not for the better. Until they each find their truths, they can not fully reach their HEA.

Even though I enjoyed this read, I can’t say it’s my favourite. For me, it was too angsty, and that might surprise some, as I like my angsty books. Whether it was my mood or circumstances I’m not sure but it didn’t quite feel like a winner for me. It didn’t flow collectedly as I am used to from this author. I like a little more humor to lighten it up and not be fully sad. I also love romance in my reading choices, but this one seemed excessive and slightly over the top and unauthentic. I may be in the minority with these thoughts and it won’t by any means stop me from reading more works from Ms Cherry.

*I received a copy for an honest review.
*Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...