Sunday 10 December 2017

Moonlight Over Manhattan by Sarah Morgan

REVIEWED BY
Tina Shobe 


Moonlight Over ManhattanMoonlight Over Manhattan by Sarah Morgan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Moonlight over Manhattan is Book 6 in the From Manhattan with Love Series but is easily a stand alone.

There is so much I loved about this book. This is the first book that I can remember that I actually woke up in the middle of the night thinking about. I had to grab that book and finished it as I knew there was no way I was going back to sleep.

There were several really good quotes. My favorite is when Harriet is referring to hot chocolate as 'hug in a mug'.

The banter Harriet and Ethan (aka Dr. Hot) have is what I think pulled me into the book. It was so realistic. Like I was there watching it unfold. I could visibly see when Harriet took a deep breath to get control of her stuttering. I also could feel Ethan's shame when he realized that because of his attitude it caused Harriet's reaction.

Ethan thinks that Harriet is a solution to a problem he has fulfilling his promise to his sister to take care of her dog but she turns out to be so much more.

I love that Harriet has no qualms about standing up for herself and putting Ethan in his place. She's so much stronger than she gives herself credit for.

Harriet's on a mission (Challenge Harriet) to do one thing every day that scares her.

Throughout the book we actually see Harriet gradually become more and more confident. We also see Ethan become more attached ('in clue') to others around him. I could see with his profession it became a necessity to be 'detached'.

I enjoyed the secondary characters, Ethan's sister Debra (aka secret matchmaker), Susan, a colleague (doctor) of Ethan's, and Fliss (Harriet's twin sister).

The author did a very good job of writing that had me connecting to this story throughout the book. I really enjoyed reading this book and have already bought the audio version because I know I'll be able to listen to it again before having the time to re-read it.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...