Thursday 14 December 2017

Never To Be Told by Jennifer Lynch

REVIEWED BY 
Becky Cox 



Never To Be ToldNever To Be Told by Jennifer Lynch
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Never to Be Told is my first Jennifer Lynch book. Angela is a divorced woman navigating life as a single mother. She entered a short relationship with the Head of the school where she is a teacher. Gareth filled a spot physically but not so much emotionally.

Angela takes a vacation to Turkey to visit her college/university friend Jean and is amazed at Jean's life and yes, she is a little jealous. She meets a friend of Jean's, Jack, and he shows her a wonderful time and she can't wait to return.

Never To Be Told has a clever plot with several twist. It is a romance with a mystery/thriller vibe to it. I will preface my next statements with the fact that I was provided an ARC and was apparently not sent the final version. I dismissed the poor formatting as they happens sometimes with ARCs. The story and character dialogue were tedious and confusing at times, touching on ten thoughts in a single statement. I felt like most of the book Angela had ADD, her inner thoughts and conversations flitting around different subjects. Most of the main characters were not likable to me for various reasons. I liked Jean and Jack the most and felt like I could relate to them.

I got the impression from the ending that there could possibly be a second book. I do not know if that is true or not. Never To Be Told has an HEA. There is a pretty big twist at the end and the mystery part was cleverly thought out.

I received an ARC for an honest review.

Reviewed by Becky for JoandIsaLoveBooks



View all my reviews






No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...