Friday 15 December 2017

The V Card by Lauren Blakely & Lili Valente

REVIEWED BY 
Melinda Lazar 



The V CardThe V Card by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The V Card by Lili Valente and Lauren Blakely

This book was such a lovely friends to lovers romance! First we have CJ, a gorgeous, successful woman who, through circumstance, is still holding on to that dratted V card. And who better to help her punch that card but her sinfully sexy, trustworthy, knows exactly what he's doing, friend Graham? No one, that's who. So they approach this as a student-teacher masterclass in seduction and omg was it hot or what?! Spoiler: it was, indeed, hot af.

I used the word lovely earlier and I think it can carry lukewarm connotations but in this instance, I mean it in the best way possible. This started as a 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch your itch and I'll teach you all I know' situation but developed into something really sweet but sexy and dirty at the same time. I loved Graham's approach to helping CJ get rid of her V card. It was so insanely sexy and slow and torturous that a lesser woman (perhaps me) would have thrown herself at him from the word go. I loved the nod to his late best friend although that situation made my heart ache just a little. CJ herself was such a warm and wonderful character. She knew what she wanted and to get that, she needed the best which was Graham. I loved that once she got the nod, she was all-in. No fake shyness, no prissy missy. Perfect.

I love both of these authors individual writing styles but I'm usually apprehensive about collaborations. I thought The V Card was written flawlessly and seamlessly. In short, it was a perfect friends to lovers RomCom from two crazy talented women and I'd love to see more from them!

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3W2U7GGSNK2X9/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...