Friday 12 January 2018

Hot Shot by Karina Halle

REVIEWED BY
Joanne Swinney




Hot Shot (North Ridge, #3)Hot Shot by Karina Halle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the first time I have read a book by this Author. I can honestly say it won’t be the last. I have fallen in love the characters from North Ridge. Book one and two in this series will definitely be shooting up to the top on my to be read list.

This is book three and can most certainly be read as a standalone. I did however wish I had read the previous books in this series, and that was because I wanted to hear the other characters stories. They are a crazy bunch, but the good kind of crazy.

Fox Nelson is smoking hot. He’s a complex man for sure, but the one person who understands him better than he thinks is right where she has always been. Right in front of his very eyes. Delilah Gordon mostly goes by the name, Del grew up with the Nelson’s. She loves them like brothers, well, Mav and Shane, yes. Fox, she is head over heels in love with. She has held a torch for this man for most of her life. The funny thing is everyone around her can see it. Her family, friends, but Fox is completely blind to it.

Fox and Del have been best friends forever. They talk, text, chat, hug. All the things you’d expect to happen between to very close friends. How they have managed to keep their relationship platonic this whole time is beyond me.

Fox’s job is extremely dangerous. With no signs of him ever quitting it’s only a matter of time before something bad happens. He has some serious issues to deal with or maybe he’ll continue to ignore them like he has most of his life.

Loss, pain and broken hearts play a huge factor in this story. But also there is moments of happiness, laughter and it’s filled with love. The Nelson’s have all dealt with pain and loss, but mostly they came through that and found love. Fox is the last one so to speak to find himself and live a life where he can be happy.

I loved Fox and Del’s story. There was high points involving a pool table. Low points which I felt crush for both of them. The emotion that was portrayed in this book brought all my feelings to the surface. The humour brought a smile to my face and sometimes outbursts of laughter.

I would recommend this book to all romance lovers. I would suggest if you haven’t read anything by this Author that you read Book one first. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed in reading this three books series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...