Wednesday 7 February 2018

From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata



REVIEWED BY 
Micky Barnard 


From Lukov with LoveFrom Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

In a rare move on my part, I started on release day and rode the growing hype-wave, hype that was warranted. If you’re a Zapata fan, FROM LUKOV WITH LOVE will slow-burn your brains out in the best way. It started just a little slow for me but by 20%, I was all in, over my head and in the Lukov-zone.

Lukov and Jasmine are assholes...together. This is hate to the factor 10 and I highlighted the heck out of this book. The dialogue was some of the best that Mariana has written and I soaked in the hilarious diatribe, repeatedly.

“I reeled back. And then couldn’t form a single ****ing world. Note one other than one that started with an m, ended with an r and sounded like trucker wucker.”

The context of LUKOV is sports, namely pairs figure skating and it’s as obsessive commitment as you might imagine. The context was just wondeful, the detail, the weaving into the life of the characters was as fulfilling as Kulti. Family and dogs (yes, that’s my heart melting right here) were key to this story and made for such a rich read.

The hate was strong but there were moments of emotion and pain that floored me. The flip in emotion was cleverly written and sucker-punched at the same time. I am now basking in my thoughts of these two post-read, thinking that I’ll need a copy on my shelf to admire with the others.

Meatball and Sock 4 ever.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...