Sunday 4 February 2018

Hidden Seams by Alessandra Torre


REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 


Hidden SeamsHidden Seams by Alessandra Torre
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Torre writes in multiple genres and I thought this was one of her quick, hot contemporary romances and it was, but with unusual circumstances and characterisation that set it apart a little from her others in this genre. As a result of this twist on circumstances, I enjoyed this more than I expected, especially the first 70% of the book.

HIDDEN SEAMS explores family separated, searching and found alongside a connection that just shouldn’t ‘be’. Marco is an impossibly beautiful man and therefore untouchable. He was arrogant and superior with little to recommend him on the surface. Yet, he drew me in, there was more to find out about him.

“That strong voice, the deep growl in the tones....it is the sort of voice you could drizzle over ice cream and binge on for hours.”

Avery was a semi-criminal and creative entrepreneur with an ethic at the centre. She had buckets of energy and determination that I couldn’t do anything but like her. She weakened in her resolve as the book progressed towards its end, but I do acknowledge how attraction and connection can weaken anyone’s purpose and path.

The story was again unusual which moves this book from just a good, easy read into something better. Alessandra Torre has such a talent for turning your preconceptions on their head. The heat was well written as ever and didn’t overwhelm the story, only complimented it. The last 30% of the story was a little weaker and convenient but I still enjoyed this overall.

This book is a complete standalone and not connected to Love in Lingerie as both the title and cover might suggest, so you can just jump into this engaging read.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.



View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...