Sunday 4 February 2018

I Wanna Text You Up by Teagan Hunter

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere



I Wanna Text You UpI Wanna Text You Up by Teagan Hunter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had high expectations when I saw this book was going to be released. I mean, have you read Let’s Get Textual? Yes, then I’m sure you did too. If not, jump on that baby now! My point is I’m extremely happy with I Wanna Text You Up and here’s why. I’m a huge rom-com fan, and even though the humor part was slightly less than LGT, there was awesome banter. Zoe and Caleb get to know each other on a deeper level with their texts as room mates, and their texting is so flirty. Dare I say it....... flexting! For this to work, and work well, you need it to be whimsy with a bit of jest, some wisecracks and plenty of sarcasm. I feel Hunter knows her stuff, she is excellent with the banter.

Now let’s discuss the characters. Zoe is the ultimate best friend. She is also a great roomie, just don’t ask her to cook dinner. She comes from a loving background and this helps her be a compassionate friend/girlfriend. And if you are good, she will bake for you! Top of Caleb’s list is Zoe’s cookies, and I mean the bake goods variety. He is a hard working senior trying to keep his head above water while juggling 5 things at once. He is out to prove he can make it from a trailer park if you set your mind to it, even if certain people want to keep you back. I loved this about him. He always wanted to do what’s right, even if it made his life more difficult. That’s a quality I admire.

I enjoyed the inescapable build up with this pair. I feel this made it more authentic and a stronger bond between them. I think the ending was a little rushed for me. Maybe it was me reading too quickly or wanting to know more about them but it was over before I was ready to give them up. Is this a bad thing, no - always leaving them wanting as they say.

*I am grateful for the copy provided by the author for my honest opinion.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.


View all my reviews






No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...