Wednesday 7 February 2018

The Baby Maker by Lili Valente

REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 



The Baby MakerThe Baby Maker by Lili Valente
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Baby Maker by Lili Valente

I had to have this book from the moment I read the blurb: the idea of a family of baby makers had me intrigued and amused and overall, it was well-delivered.

Emma is getting older (NOT old, just older) and due to medical issues, has decided to take matters into her own hands and have a baby by herself. Instead of going the speed donor route, she propositions her sexy yet grumpy neighbor Dylan, promising him the land he’s desperate for if he gives her a baby.

While the plot wasn’t a new one, it was still an enjoyable read. In fact, I liked - not loved - almost everything about it. I liked the characters, the story, the banter, the sense of family and commitment. Dylan was a swoon-worthy male and you could easily see why Emma fell for him no matter how many times she told herself not to. Emma was great too - I liked that she wasn’t afraid to go after what she wanted and was willing to put herself out there. I felt that some parts were rushed and I was annoyed that given her medical issues, Emma was able to conceive so quickly, super-sperm or no. However, it was still a really enjoyable, quick read.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.



View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RGC0SM31VS65P/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2L8DG9YL9KJSH/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...