Wednesday 9 May 2018

Bad Boy Brody by Tijan

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere 




Bad Boy BrodyBad Boy Brody by Tijan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am a fan of Tijan, and always look forward to a new release. Unfortunately, this is not a favourite of mine, and I have come away slightly disappointed. Even though there are the basic Tijan elements in this book they we love - lots of drama - some of the storyline was just so unrealistic.

The synopsis of the book is that a Hollywood golden boy star falls from grace when his brother passes in a car accident and is now considered Bad Boy Brody. To fix his image, he agrees to do a low budget film about a murdered woman. Once he gets to the farm where filming will take place, he meets in a very abrupt way, Morgan the daughter of the movie's subject. Sounds great right? And on the whole, the story is good but so much was added to try and give it something extra, it just fell flat.

I liked Brody, and Morgan for that matter but there are moments I had to keep asking, how old are they? I also felt there were some inconsistencies, which are hard to explain without giving away most of the book. This is not a quick read, there are over 50 chapters to get through and most are told in Brody and Morgan's POV. There is also a suspenseful element that I did work out to a point, I felt early on that a certain person was involved in the murder in some capacity. Not that that mattered, as there were plenty of twists to go along with it.

*I received a copy for an honest review.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...