Monday 14 May 2018

Doppelbanger by Heather M. Orgeron

REVIEWED BY
Tina Shobe


DoppelbangerDoppelbanger by Heather M. Orgeron


You know a book is great when it makes you 'feel'. I was very uncomfortable and feeling a little prudish about how promiscuous Gina was at the start of the book. I don't think we see that very often in a book about a woman. We read all the time about guys being players and this is quite a reversal on that role.

Gina makes no apology about liking sex with men with certain characteristics. The one absolute rule she has is one night only so no chance of feeling being developed. The more I read along the more I got it. I'm not too certain I wouldn't have gone through life the same way if I had been given the same circumstance.

She's bold, a bit bold (ok a lot bold!), brassy and funny. She's the type of girl your parents would be uncomfortable with you hanging out with. But if she loves you and considers you family you won't get a better friend or family member. She's there for you through thick and thin. Though sometimes she might be a bad influence on your kids. My twin sister is the same way. She taught all my kids their first curse words and the saying 'bite me'.

While Spencer, her best friend recovers from having a baby Gina takes her kids on a family oriented cruise of the Caribbean. While on the cruise she meets Jeffrey (Jeff) a widowed single dad. These two are so opposite from the beginning that you just now they are going to be great together!

I think Jeff is an admirable man. Not only is he successful business man he is raising his daughters in the best way he can to honor his wife.

There is a lot of humor in this book and a lot of kids saying the right things at inappropriate times. I laughed out loud so many times that I had tears rolling down my face. I also had tears rolling down my face because of how cruel Jeff was to Gina when he was consumed by guilt. I felt devastated for her. Though I was really glad she didn't fall back into her old ways.

Jeff has to realize that it's ok to find love twice in his lifetime.

View all my reviews


Barnes and Noble: wouldn't let me post 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...