Tuesday 15 May 2018

Skinny Pants by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

REVIEWED BY 
Tina Shobe 


Skinny Pants (Happy Pants #3)Skinny Pants by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff


Skinny Pants is Book 3 in in The Happy Pants Cafe Series but I think it's easily a stand alone. I haven't read the previous books in the series and had no problems connecting with this story.

First of all I want to say that being a larger size woman I really related to Macie. The only difference is that I don't even attempt to be healthy and she's healthy just still a larger size woman. I totally understand the feeling of people looking right threw her or overlooking her due to her size.

After a brutal day of her self esteemed being knocked she gets a little inebriated and signs up on a dating site completely lying about herself.

Imagine her surprise when she walks into an appointment and the doctor is none other than the sexy Doctor J-Love that she has been chatting with.

Dr Jack Reed immediately actually 'saw' Macie. I think Jack is drawn to Macie's realness and her sass (love that girl!). They become friends first and it builds from there. These two are both closed off from personal relationships for entirely different reasons. Marcie is an amazing young lady that has the best caring type demeanor a nurse can possibily have but due to her self esteem being knocked too many times in the past is not receptive to closer relationships than her own friends. Jack's ex-wife really did a number on him that makes him distrustful and a little bitter.

I love how the author slowly builds their relationship. I think the friends to lovers is the best type of relationship to have.

My absolute favorite part is when Jack's stands up for Marcie after another Doctor is very condescending to her about her size. Seriously, I swooned.

Their underlying distrust of others has them being torn apart before they even have a chance.

Now we have to see if Jack can overlook being catfished and if he can if Macie can forgive him for being so callous to her.

This is a wonderful written story that caught drew me in from the very beginning and kept me intrigued until the very end.

**Reviewed by Tina for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog


View all my reviews





No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...