Wednesday 9 May 2018

The Dating Experiment by Emma Hart

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere


The Dating Experiment (The Experiment, #2)The Dating Experiment by Emma Hart
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 🌟’s

After reading the synopsis of this book, I was eager to get started. I love a friends to romance story, and throw in it is the best friends brother, bonus!
On the whole, the story was good. She had been infatuated with him since she was a pre-teen. She hadn’t acted on it because she didn’t want to ruin what they have now and she is also in business with him. So to get over these feelings, she will let him set her up on a date from their business Stupid Cupid. If only it was that easy to stop loving someone.

This is a standalone novel, told in dual POV, but I believe you will get a more rounded ambiance if you read Peyton/Elliot and Mellie/Jack’s books before hand. What I would have liked to of seen more from the first few chapters in this book were some warm-hearted moments with these two. Most of it was constant bickering back and forth, I started to get whip lash. If we got an occasional tender bit, I would have connected better with them and believed or understood whole heartedly why they were a match. I’m all for banter and opposites attract themes, but it went a little too far for me. It was hard to reconcile the back and forth emotions Chloe was having. Some I was on board with and some I thought she was acting like a teenage drama queen, and somewhat immature. I did enjoy them finally reaching their HEA, and Dom was super sweet with his affections and I loved his jealousy side.


*I received a copy for my honest opinion.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...