Tuesday 1 May 2018

Unmasked by the Marquess by Cat Sebastian

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 



Unmasked by the Marquess (Regency Imposters, #1)Unmasked by the Marquess by Cat Sebastian
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This is my first book from Cat Sebastian, but I had no hesitation picking it up because my friends have been recommending her work for a year and I’ve just not got to her books until now. UNMASKED BY THE MARQUESS didn’t disappoint with this unexpected story that was delightful, emotional and beautiful.

If you want traditional characters from HR, then this probably isn’t what you expect but if you hang around for a few pages, you’ll be sucked in like me. I know Cat Sebastian writes mainly m/m and this story of Robin and Alistair chronicles a beautiful friendship into something more. Robin is not all that character might seem but the life is borne of necessity turning into preference. I was immediately won over by Robin, a caring, selfless and brave character. The initial friendship dynamic between these two is relatable, just like when you click with someone.

“His mouth quirked into approximately one-sixteenth of a smile - you would need a protractor to be sure it had really happened - and his left eyebrow shot up as if to say, What in God’s name am I doing in this place?”

Alistair started off as a dry, overly pompous character but Robin was the making of the Marquess. Alistair just needed someone in his life to care enough about, to bring out the goodness hidden inside. Alistair’s greatest facet was his comfort in his own skin and identity alongside the same feeling towards Robin. The chemistry between these two grew so naturally over time and it was utterly palpable.

The story was interesting and absorbing from cover to cover. So, in summary, new Cat Sebastian fan over there. Give me all the books!

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...